Did you know that…
- Iowa ranks #1 in the nation for egg production
- #1 in egg processing
- Iowa produced almost 16 billion eggs in 2014
- Iowa’s chicken layers consume 58 million bushels of corn and 30 million bushels of soybeans
- Iowa’s egg producers create more than 8,000 jobs annually. $2 billion in total sales, $424 million in personal wages and over $19 million in state tax revenues!
- Iowa has approximately 60 million laying hens
- Iowa produces enough eggs to provide an egg-a-day for the world for 2 days.
- An egg-a-day for China for 11 days
- An egg-a-day for all Americans for 47 days
- Iowa’s egg farmers add value to Iowa corn and soybeans – 58 million bushels of corn and 30 million bushels of soybeans
In an attempt to inform media and the general public about the poultry industry, the Iowa Poultry Association has put together a Media Page. It includes up to date information about disease outbreaks, fact sheets and resources.